As we prepare to celebrate the Bicentennial, there is so much history that brought us to where we are today. Rush County Historian, John D. Wilson, will share (over the next few months) a brief history of the people and places that give foundation to the early days of Rush County. "Come - be a part of history!"
1. Our first article will take you back to 1830 and sets the tone for claiming land in
Rush County. To read more, just Click Here. (June 2020)
2. Our second installment takes you on a journey about what is required of you as a pioneer in Rush
County. To read more just Click Here. (July 2020)
3. Our third article will introduce you to the "Father of Rush County." To read more
just Click Here (August 2020)
4. Our fourth article highlights the history of prior pandemic/illness as it unfolded in Rush County.
Quite timely based on where we are today - just Click Here. (September 2020)
5. The fifth installment leading up to our Bicentennial deal with Taxes, Taverns,
and Jails. To read more, Click Here. (October 2020)
6. The sixth article begs the question - did hogs play a part in our history? You can find out by
by Clicking Here. (November)